SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. SEO is all about optimizing a website for search engines. SEO is a technique for:
- designing and developing a website to rank well in search engine results
- improving the volume and quality of traffic to a website from search engines
- marketing by understanding how search algorithms work, and what human visitors might search.
SEO is a subset of search engine marketing. SEO is also referred as SEO copyrighting,because most of the techniques that are used to promote sites in search engines, deal
How does a Search Engine Work?
Search engines perform several activities in order to deliver search results
- crawling -Process of fetching all the web pages linked to a website. This task is
performed by a software called a crawler or a spider.
- Indexing -Process of creating index for all the fetched web pages and keeping
them into a giant database from where it can later be retrieved. Essentially, the
process of indexing is identifying the words and expressions that best describe the
page and assigning the page to particular keywords
- Processing -When a search request comes, the search engine processes it, i.e.,
it compares the search string in the search request with the indexed pages in the
- Calculating Relevancy -It is likely that more than one page contains the search
string, so the search engine starts calculating the relevancy of each of the pages
in its index to the search string.
- Retrieving Results -The last step in search engine activities is retrieving the best
matched results. Basically, it is nothing more than simply displaying them in the
Search engines such as Google and Yahoo! often update their relevancy algorithm dozens of times per month. When you see changes in your rankings, it is due to an algorithmic shift or something else beyond your control.
Functionality of SEO
The functionality of SEO is simple: to make your business website accessible to prospects and customers. The key is not to rank in search results for everyone to find you, but rather to rank methodically towards the people who will most likely buy from you.
Under our process of ranking websites effectively, the 5 pillars of SEO are: Keyword research, onsite optimization, link earning, content strategy and reporting. Any reliable SEO agency will either agree with something similar, or even perform our exact same model.